Valentine’s Day, a celebration of love, is now considered the 3rd largest consumer-spending holiday in the United States! While exchanging gifts is popular on February 14th, this Valentine’s Day, gift yourself a clean, healthy smile. It is vital for all, including those who want to create a great first impression.
These dental tips for Valentine’s Day can help make you look extra special for your loved one.
Enhance Your Smile for Valentine's Day with Cosmetic Dentistry
Today, cosmetic dentistry can address smile problems like never before. Here are a few popular dental treatments that can effectively brighten up your smile and help you create the best first impression on your date on this Valentine's Day.
Teeth whitening treatment can help your teeth look pearly white, and you can show them with confidence and pride on your date.
Teeth whitening procedures include in-office whitening procedures and at-home products that may contain hydrogen or carbamide peroxide to eliminate bacteria responsible for tooth decay and other various gum diseases. While at-home teeth whitening solutions can help you lighten your teeth, nothing is as effective as professional teeth whitening procedures.
The difference between the two is that the former refers to the usage of regular teeth whitening strips and toothpaste. In contrast, the latter may include a laser teeth whitening treatment that penetrates deep into the surface of the teeth in order to remove difficult stains. It is professionally performed by dentists who will help you maintain healthy and sparkling white teeth for years to come.
Veneers are among the best solutions to rectify your visible front teeth that may be damaged, cracked, or chipped. Thin veneers are permanently placed exactly over your existing teeth to cover up these flaws in a short time.
If you are concerned about your smile’s appearance because of your damaged or crooked teeth, professional teeth straightening is the best answer for you. Orthodontic braces are faster and inexpensive options to help you get straighter teeth than ever before.
Foods for Healthy Teeth |
This Valentine’s Day, impress your partner with a healthy smile by regularly following these Valentine’s Day dental health tips that are endorsed by the American Dental Association (ADA).
- Brush twice a day for two minutes
- Use soft-bristled toothbrush
- Don’t share your toothbrush with your partner
- Consider toothpaste with fluoride
- Floss once daily
- Swishing with antibacterial mouthwash every day
- Chew sugar-free gum
- Drink plenty of water
- Avoid consuming beverages containing caffeine, soda, and sugar
- Avoid tobacco and heavy alcohol consumption
- Continue visiting the dentist for regular dental checkups and cleanings
Foods for Healthy Teeth
Here are some simple dietary dental tips for couples for maintaining oral health:
- Sticking to products rich in calcium, like dairy products like milk, cheese, yogurt, etc., can help keep your teeth healthy.
- Consuming raw strawberries can keep your teeth white as it contains malic acid that removes discoloration. Avoid chocolate covered strawberries. They are high in sugar and may harm your teeth.
- Similarly, avoid any food items with a high sugar content to maintain your teeth color and oral health for your special day.
- Drink lots of water to keep your teeth clean, clear away leftover food particles from your mouth, prevent dry mouth, and combat any teeth staining.
- Avoid foods that cause teeth staining, including wine, coffee, tea, etc.
Show yourself some love by ensuring proper oral care habits round the year and visiting your dentist for advice on cosmetic dental services required by you.
Contact us today to learn about our cosmetic dentistry services or to book a dental care appointment with our experts. You can claim special dental offers from Urbandale Smiles to finally achieve your desired smile this Valentine’s Day!