Invisalign® aligners are the best when it comes to achieving your beautiful smile. Keeping your Invisalign trays clean is an essential part of having them. This not only ensures to minimize bacteria growth, but also helps in keeping your Invisalign® aligners fully operational. Proper Invisalign® care and good oral hygiene will make sure your Invisalign trays are clean, crystal clear, and odor-free.
Although it's feasible to remove your aligners for eating and drinking, neglecting to clean your Invisalign trays right afterward can lead to discoloration and accumulation of bacteria. You should follow the instructions given by the orthodontist on how to put on and take off your Invisalign. Make sure to remove your Invisalign® trays from your mouth before cleaning them.
Here are some Invisalign® cleaning tips that will help you keep your Invisalign trays in tiptop condition:
- Brush Them with A Soft Toothbrush - Using a soft toothbrush, apply gentle brush motions to remove any food particles from the inside and outside surface of your Invisalign® trays. Toothpaste is optional for cleaning the trays.
- Rinse Off Your Invisalign Trays - You should thoroughly rinse the aligner after cleaning with toothbrush and toothpaste. Rinsing the aligners under running water will make sure that leftover toothpaste gets washed away.
- Use Antimicrobial Mouthwash - Always ensure to wear aligners on clean teeth. It is advisable to use an antimicrobial mouthwash to help reduce bacterial activity in the mouth while wearing Invisalign trays.
- Get Invisalign® Cleaning System - Invisalign cleaning kit works to make the job of keeping your aligners clean much simpler. Just soak your aligner in the cleaner every morning and night.
- Utilize Hydrogen Peroxide - Hydrogen peroxide is a powerful antibacterial chemical that works just like any other denture cleaners. Prepare a solution by mixing half peroxide and half water and soak your trays for 20 minutes.
- Use Retainer Brite - You can use Retainer Brite to clean your aligners just like the denture cleaners. But Retainer Brite is formulated with a proper PH level, so it won’t adversely affect the plastic.
- Clean With Vinegar - Vinegar possesses some germ-killing qualities. Prepare a solution by mixing equal quantities of white vinegar and water. Soak your aligners for 15 to 30 minutes, then brush them gently and rinse thoroughly in running water.